We're happy to provide import services, free of charge!
If you're migrating from another loyalty program, or just want to start all of your customers off with an initial point balance, you can email a spreadsheet file (.csv) to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you use to login to Shopify.
Your import .CSV file should have at least TWO columns defined. The first column should contain your customers' email addresses, and the second column should have their point balances.
Birthdays are optional, and only require the month and day to import into Glow. Our team will ensure everything is formatted correctly after we receive the .csv file via email.
Once your import is complete, a Glow team member will reach out to you to let you know your customers have been imported.
Things to consider when importing customers:
- The latest customer information will be pulled directly from your Shopify account when we run the import tool.
- Any email addresses listed in the import file that are not in your Shopify account will be skipped. However, we don't differentiate between "guest customers" (who don't have login credentials) and regular customers (who DO have accounts). We simply check to see if the customer has an ID in Shopify, which ALL customers receive if they complete checkout.
- If you have more customers to import than your Glow plan allows, we will still import your customers, but you will need to upgrade your account after the import has completed to the appropriate tier. Until then, your loyalty program will be "paused" in the system. Learn more about Glow pricing tiers.
- If you have existing customers and you do not want to award them with points or count against your plan limit, you can include them in your CSV file with a 0 point balance and they will NOT be considered to be "active" in Glow.
Note: If you are new to Shopify and have customers from another platform, you will need to import them into Shopify before importing into glow. See this article for details on Shopify's customer import process.
- How does pricing work on Glow?
- What kinds of rewards can I give my customers?
- How can I give a customer points or deduct points from a customer?
Please let us know if you have any questions.
The Glow Team