We've made it easy to set up a basic affiliate program for Shopify using Glow Loyalty. In just a few minutes, you can create a referral program for your customers so they can refer their friends and earn points/rewards.
Glow's referral program features
- Provide customers with a unique referral link
- Display referral info popup after checkout (optional)
- Award existing customers for referring people
- Award new customers for using a member referral link
- Award referral points on signup/registration or after purchases are completed
- Award a fixed amount of points or a variable amount based on the purchase
- Award points once per referral or on an ongoing basis (each purchase)
How to set up your affiliate program using Glow
Enable referral rewards in the Glow Setup Wizard by selecting the checkbox next to the label, "Refer Friends" (see image below).
You can also access your referral program settings in your glow account from the main menu under the Rewards > Referral Program link.
Referral program settings & configuration options
- Program Status - Enable/Disable your affiliate program rewards.
- Issue rewards when - Choose how Glow should award points for referrals.
- Prompt customers to post to social media after purchase? - Enable/Disable the referral program popup after checkout.
- How many points would you like to reward the existing member? - Define the reward for existing members who refer people via their unique link.
- How many points would you like to reward the new member? - Define the reward for new customers who use a referral link.
Controlling how Glow awards points for referrals
New customer signs up - Awards points when a customer registers or creates an account in your Shopify store.
A New customer makes their first purchase - Awards points after a customer completes their first purchase on Shopify.
Award a flat amount on every order - Award new/existing customers a flat amount on EVERY order made by the referred customer. The number of points awarded can be defined for both the existing customer and/or the new customer.
Award a variable amount on every order - Award new/existing customers a variable amount on EVERY order made by the referred customer. The number of points awarded can be defined for both the existing customer and/or the new customer and is based on the order total (per currency).
The number of points you define for new/existing customers (see image below) will either be used as a flat amount or a variable amount (multiplied by the amount spent) based on your selection in the "Issue rewards when..." setting.
Finally, If you enable the post-checkout popup setting in Glow, customers will be presented with their unique referral link after successful checkouts and encouraged to share with their friends (see example below).
- Getting started with Glow Loyalty, Rewards & Referrals
- What kinds of rewards can I give my customers?
- How can I give a customer points or deduct points from a customer?
- Need help customizing Glow?
Please let us know if you have any questions.
The Glow Team